About the Propane Hammer:
Self Contained Propane Powered Post Driver: The New Propane Hammer by Tippmann is the world's first propane powered post driver. Powered by a standard 14.1 oz. propane tank, found in most hardware departments, this post driver is the most convenient, user friendly way to drive posts that you could ever imagine. The Tippmann Propane Hammer will drive posts into hard, dry, frozen, even rocky ground. Deliver up to 150 blows per minute at approximately 700 lbs. driving force. This unit is very simple 1 person to operate, weighing 45 lbs.
- 100% self contained
- Does not require and air compressor or hydraulic unit
- Delivers over 150 blows per minute
- Weighs 41 lbs.
- Operates off a standard 14.1 oz. propane tank
- 700 lbs. driving force
- Approximately 6000 cycles per 14.1 oz. propane tank
Propane Hammer Will Drive:
- Drive T-Posts
- Drive Sign Posts
- Drive Fence Posts
- Drive Ground Rod
- Drive Wood Posts
- Drive Tree Stakes
- Drive Tent Stakes
- Drive Silt Fence
- Drive Concrete Form Pins
- Drive Pipe
- Coated steel to prevent corrosion
- Special ring material for combustion seal and low friction movement
- The piston contains a HIGH FLOW inner exhaust valve system
Ram Collar System:
Combination of heat treated steel, rubber and plastic for shock absorption, post alignment and support.
This interchangeable ram collar and adapter system is designed to fit individual post sizes ranging from .5" ground rod up to 3.5" diameter posts
or 4 lb/ft sign posts.
Self centering shock absorbing handles to eliminate user vibration
9 Volt electronic spark system triggered by a momentary switch, which is located in the handle.
Hardware / Fasteners:
All hardware and fasteners are of SAE grade.
We offer a full line of chuck adapters, ranging in size from .5" diameter up to 3.5" in diameter. Please view our chart in
Accessories to determine if you will need an adapter.
- Approximately 6000 combustions per 14.1 oz. propane tank
- Approximately 20 to 30 combustions per post, depending on ground conditions. (This example is based on driving a standard 1 5/8" T-Post 18" into the ground.)
Included with the Propane Hammer:
Included with the Propane Hammer is a wooden crate,
operator's manual, instructional DVD, and pressure gauge.